PRIVACY & DISCLAIMER
Privacy and Your Assessment - Know Your Rights -
When it comes to your assessment information, the choices are yours:
- You can request to see your own assessment at any time
- You can ask for corrections or updates
- You can tell us if you do not want us to share your assessment
Your assessment information is valuable.
Your assessment information is used to help us provide you with the right support services to meet your needs. Sharing assessments provides health service providers in your community with the most up-to-date information so they can coordinate health support and service planning.
Your assessment information is important.
Your assessment may contain information on:
- Your mental and physical health
- Your personal health history
Your assessment information is protected.
The information you give us in your assessment is protected and can only be used by authorized people involved in providing you with health support and services. Providers caring for you must keep your information confidential and safe. To learn about how your assessment information is being used and shared, contact our Privacy Officer at: 416.398.0258 x226.
If you have concerns about your personal health information and how it is handled you have the right to contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at: 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON, M4M 1A8 | Telephone 416.326.3333 or 1.800.387.0073
• About the Information we Collect – Most of the data and information we collect through our website is used only to help us achieve our mission. It is our policy to collect and store only personal information that our clients knowingly provide.
• For Casual Web Site Visitors and General Users – We do not collect any personal information from users browsing our website. When individuals use the public areas of our website they are doing so anonymously. We do collect aggregate-use information, such as the number of hits (visits) per page. We use aggregate data for internal and marketing purposes, but we don’t collect any personally identifying information.
• For Our Clients, Donors and Other Customers – If, while visiting our website, a client orders a product, registers for an event, or requests other information, they will be asked to provide certain information. In all cases this information is submitted voluntarily. In most cases, we ask clients to provide their name, title, organization name, address, telephone, and e-mail address. If a client makes a purchase, they may be asked for credit card information in order to complete the purchase. Similar information may be submitted to us on an order form or registration form.
• Customer Lists – Our client list is not for sale. When an individual visits our website or becomes a client, his/her name and mailing information will not be sold to a commercial organization.
The names, trademarks, service marks and logos of Downsview Services for Seniors appearing on this site may not be used in any advertising or publicity, or otherwise to indicate the organization’s sponsorship of or affiliation with any product or service, without the organization’s prior express written permission.
Although this website features links to other sites, Downsview Services for Seniors takes no responsibility for the content or information contained on those sites, as we do not exercise editorial or other control over these sites.
This website provides information and services in furtherance of our mission. We make no representations about the suitability or accuracy of the information on this site for any purpose.
If you see any objectionable, inaccurate or improperly functioning content or features on this site, please contact the Resource Development and Communication Manager at email@example.com as soon as possible.”